Monday, October 15, 2012

Lake George, NY



After weeks of thinking about a small mini vacation to go on on without using all of my vacation time at work, my fiancĂ© and I decided on Lake George, NY. I remember growing up, my grandparents would take me every summer, and at that age the 3 hour drive seemed like 6. I loved being in such a small town, staying in a hotel with an indoor pool, and morning visits to the pancake house for the best breakfast.  When you think Lake George you think the Minne Ha Ha. Lake George Steamboat Company has been a staple there for as long as I can remember, you cannot visit and not take a ride on one of the 3 famous steamboats. One of my best breakfast places ever is The Silo Restaurant and Country Store. Anything you can think of they have, I chose the Belgium waffles with maple syrup. We had the most amazing waitress that made us feel like family. She asked us if we knew where we were eating dinner tonight, being that she was a local we asked for her recommendation, she said Georges the best steak house in the area.  We took her up on her offer and went to the early bird special of prime rib and it was out of this world, it is a must visit. After dinner we wanted ice cream and I remember seeing a neon sign for ice cream with a rooster on top, you really could not miss it. Martha's Dandee Creme, had an amazing list of flavors, it has also been a Lake George landmark for more then 5o years! It was an amazing trip that I can not wait to do again!


{Minne Ha Ha}





{The Silo Restaurant & Country Store}



{ Yummy breakfast @ The Silo}



{ Martha's Dandee Creme- the best ice cream}






Cheers & love

2 comments:

  1. You have some genuinely beneficial information composed here. Good job and keep posting good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there you have a great website over here! Thanks for sharing this interesting information for us! If you keep up this good work I'll visit your weblog again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete