Friday, December 14, 2012

I will always remember M. George Habeeb...

{ My Grandfather George & Grandmother Virgenie on their wedding day May 25th}

The lack of updating is due to the fact that I was traveling back and forth from New York to New Jersey to visit my sick grandfather. Unfortunately his health took a turn for the worst on Thanksgiving, he was admitted to Hackensack Medical. After 12 days of fighting, he peacefully passed on December 4th. He had the most amazing life anyone could ask for, he was an amazing son, a loving and adoring husband to my grandmother, a wonderful father to my mother and uncle, and the absolute best grandfather that anyone could ask for. He was truly my best friend and to say that I heart broken and devastated is a complete understatement. He was the core of my world and my family. I was lucky enough to have him in my life for 28 years, I just wish I had 28 more. My grandmother passed away 6 years ago and ever since then I would go down to visit him at least once a week to have our famous lunch dates. He lived in a senior community which is like a college campus its amazing and they knew him as the mayor. If you needed something done you went to George. Hackensack Medical and their Critical Care Unit were fantastic, they took amazing care of him. He had a team of doctors and nurses that would watch over him and they were the best of the best. when we would leave at night I didn't have to go home and worry that they were not going to take care of him. They treated and cared for  him like he was their own.  You can't find a better staff in the area, their hearts are in the right place. I cant thank them enough.

We have asked that friends donate to Hackensack Medical University Hospital CCU Heart department, where he had spent his final days. They were so amazing we wanted to make sure we gave back to them so that they are able to do the same for other families. To make a donation in M.George Habeeb's name please send it to  Critical Care fund- Dr. Berkowitz's Heart Failure Program.

Hackensack UMC Foundation
c/o Heart Failure Program
360 Essex Street Suite 301
Hackensack, NJ 07601
      * Please write on your donation: In Memory of M. George Habeeb.
** They will send you a receipt of your donation for tax purposes 





{ St. Patricks Day 2012 - Lunch Date}

{M. George Habeeb}

{ One of our many trips to Atlantic City}

{ The day after my grandfather passed, my uncle saw these 2 white doves on a very small ledge on the 23rd fl of his high rise apartment in NYC. There is never a thing let alone a bird there. My grandfather and grandmother are together again.}









No comments:

Post a Comment