Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bear Mountain Oktoberfest



I absolutely love living in the Hudson Valley, it is just so beautiful in any season. Fall is my favorite time of the year, the smells, the colors, the cool crisp air, and lets not forget apple cider and pumpkin spice latte! I am lucky enough to live in an area where there is seasonal events every weekend, this past weekend we took advantage of Bear Mountain Oktoberfest which runs every weekend until October 27th. I have to be honest I thought this event would have been on the larger side based off of the location but it was very small. Being that I am gluten free the food and drink options for me were non existent but it did not take away from the experience. The grounds are beautiful and the leaves are starting to change colors. They served authentic german food, german beers in a collectors stein, and some of the larges pretzels I have ever seen. All in all it was a great time with friends. 






No comments:

Post a Comment