Monday, October 28, 2013

Making Strides 2013




October is Breast Caner Awareness month. You may notice a ton of pink popping up all over the place, even the NFL players wear pink. Every year, the  3rd Sunday of October Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is held here in the Hudson Valley. I take part every year in memory of my grandmother & great grandmother and in honor of my mom. My grandmother was  had breast cancer several times in her life and when I was old enough to know what was going on I would walk and raise money for breast cancer research. 9 years ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, thank god she caught it early. She went through treatment and is 8 years in remission. She is the strongest person I know, and I would be thankful to become half the woman she is. It is so important to get checked every year, if you have a strong family history like I do, it is a good ideas to do self exams often. This year my best friend Nicole and her mom joined us, along with my moms best friend Patti. Next year we will try and build a big team!  

If you would like to donate to the American Cancer Society Breast Cancer Research click the link below and give what ever you can. We need a cure ! 








No comments:

Post a Comment